St. Louis Bread Company Summer Pudding
- 8 to 10 thin slices French bread, preferably 2 days old
- 4 cups ripe strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 4 cups other berries (raspberries and/or blackberries), rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon framboise
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Remove crusts from the bread. Reserve 2 or 3 slices to cover the top of the pudding.
- In a 2-quart glass bowl, arrange the remaining slices to cover the entire inside.
- Put strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for approximately
2-3 minutes until the strawberries begin to give off juice.
- Add raspberries and/or
blackberries and continue cooking about 3 minutes, or until berries break down.
- Cool berry mixture and add lemon juice, framboise, and a pinch of salt.
- When cool, pour berries and juice into bread lined bowl. Cover with reserved
- Place a plate on top and weight down with another pan or heavy cans.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream until stiff. Sweeten cream if desired.
- Invert the pudding onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges and top with whipped cream.
Source: St. Louis Bread Company
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes