St. Supery Pumpkin Pie
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin puree (not seasoned)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Moscato or other sweet dessert wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pre-made 9-inch pie crust
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk and egg yolks.
- Mix in the nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, wine, honey, sugar and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Fold both mixtures together and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake, after 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 degrees
F and bake another 25 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set but still moves slightly
in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature before serving.
This recipe serves 8.
If the edges of the pie crust begin to brown too much during the cooking
time, cover just the edges with foil to prevent burning.
Nutritional Facts: Serving Size 1 piece Amount Per Serving: Calories 218,
Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g, Protein 6g, Total Carbohydrate 33g, Dietary Fiber
2g, Sodium 199mg, Percent Calories from Fat 28%, Percent Calories from Protein 11%,
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate 59%
From the kitchen of Martin James, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Source: Recipe by Sunny Cristadoro, St. Supery Winery
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes