Stanford Court Hotel Cream of Artichoke Soup
- 6 large artichokes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons rice flour, available at Asian grocery stores
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam or boil artichokes. Cool and remove leaves, scoop out, and discard feathery
choke. Drop artichoke bottoms into a pot with the chicken stock. Use only the artichoke
bottoms for this recipe. (Eat the leaves with vinaigrette sauce, or scrape pulp
off each leaf and add to stock.)
- Toast hazelnuts in a 250 degree F oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Crush hazelnuts very finely in a food processor. Add nuts to the stock; bring to a boil. Reduce
heat and simmer artichoke bottoms and nuts for 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a food processor.
- Return puree to pot. Mix rice flour with water. Stir into soup and gradually
bring to a boil; stir constantly to thicken. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and sherry. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 4 to 6.
Source: Stanford Court Hotel - San Francisco, California
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes