Stanford's Restaurant & Bar
Thai Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom Pasta
Sauce and Pasta
- 1 ounce chili oil blend
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 5 ounces chicken breast
- 1/2 ounce carrots, julienne
- 1/2 ounce yellow bell peppers, julienne
- 1/2 ounce red bell peppers, julienne
- 1/2 ounce red cabbage
- 1/2 ounce shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 ounce scallions, chopped
- 1 ounce dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 ounces Thai coconut sauce
- 10 ounces linguini
- 1/4 ounce daikon radish, julienne
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
Thai Coconut Sauce
- 3 cups BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 8 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot chili oil
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 8 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ginger puree
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Sauce and Pasta: Place chicken breast on the broiler. Diamond mark and season.
Cook to 165 degrees F internal temperature.
- Remove chicken from broiler. Place on cutting board, cut out center cartilage,
then julienne across the breast in 1/4-inch strips.
- Ladle chili oil into a heated sauté pan and add all ingredients except pasta
and sauce. Sauté until vegetables begin to sweat.
- Add Thai coconut sauce (Recipe) to the sauté mixture. Saute.
- Lower heat to simmer. Reduce sauce until it begins to thicken.
- Heat pasta in microwave for one minute until hot, mound in the center of a 9-inch
- Pour sauté mixture over pasta and garnish with daikon and cilantro in the center.
Place bowl on a lined 10-inch plate for service.
- Thai Coconut Sauce: Combine ingredients and blend well. Refrigerate.
Posted by Gram'Cracker at Recipe Goldmine 1/3/2002 1:40 pm.
Source: Stanford's Restaurant & Bar, Citrus Heights, California - kovr13.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes