Starbuck's Caramel Scones
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light or heavy cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Modest pinch of nutmeg or cloves
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butterscotch extract (optional)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup grated walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips, finely chopped in food processor
- 1 egg white, whisked
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line top sheet of doubled up baking sheets with parchment
paper or line 8 tuna tins with muffin liners and spray inner sides with nonstick
- In a food processor, place the flour and butter and pulse to break up butter.
- Add sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg or cloves and pulse to combine. Turn out
dough into a large bowl. Make a well in the center and stir in cream, vanilla extract,
butterscotch extract (if using) and egg. Stir to make a soft dough.
- Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheet or into prepared tins.
- Brush tops with egg white
and add ground butterscotch chips.
- Bake until browned - 16-18 minutes.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar when cool.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes