Starbuck's Date Scones
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup bran
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine the all-purpose and whole wheat flours, the bran, baking powder, soda,
salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cut in the butter. (Or combine in a food processor, just until crumbly.)
- Add the egg, buttermilk and dates; do not over-mix. (If the
dough seems too sticky to work with add a couple more tablespoons flour.)
- Shape the dough into a rectangle about 1 inch thick on a floured surface. Cut into 12
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 350 degree F oven about
- Cool on a rack.
Serving size: 12
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 7/17/01 4:21:56 am.
This recipe was printed in By Request, a feature in the Seattle Times that helps
readers get recipes for favorite dishes they may have enjoyed at restaurants and
to locate recipes they may have heard about or lost.
Source: Seattle Times
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes