Starbuck's Orange Oatmeal Flat Scones
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup very cold unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Boyajian orange or tangerine oil or extract
- 1 cup raisins, plumped and dried
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, place flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda
and mix together.
- Cut or rub in butter to make a mealy mixture.
- Stir in egg and orange juice. Add orange oil or extract. Mix to make a soft dough.
Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead for a few minutes.
- Roll or pat out into a thickness of 1/2 inch. Using a serrated cookie cutter,
cut into disks or rounds.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar and orange zest.
- Bake until browned — about 14 minutes.
Recipe credit: Starbucks Coffee