Starbucks-style Pumpkin Scones with Spiced Icing
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- Milk for brushing tops
- Sugar for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 pinch cloves
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Scones: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. Cut in butter using 2
knives or your fingers, until it resembles small peas.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, and milk. Fold together with
the dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Pat dough into a 1 inch thick rectangle. Slice in half. Slice each half into
3 squares. Slice each square into a triangle.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with a little milk, and sprinkle
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. When cool, drizzle with Spiced Icing.
- Spiced Icing: Mix confectioners' sugar and spices.
- Add milk and stir until
smooth. Using the tines of a fork, drizzle over cooled scones.