Steamers Miso Seared Chilean Seabass
- 4 (8 ounce) pieces Chilean sea bass
- 7 ounces Mirin cooking sake
- 4 ounces red miso paste
- 3 ounces rice wine vinegar
- 1 ounce soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 ounce pickled ginger
- 3 ounces olive oil
- Puree all ingredients except sea bass and olive oil in blender.
- Marinate fish in mixture for 3 hours, then turn over, and marinate for another 3 hours.
- In large sauté pan, heat oil to the point of smoking; sear each side of sea bass
for 1 minute.
- Place on cooking tray and bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Source: Steamers Genuine Seafood - Phoenix, Arizona