Stelio's Family Restaurant Stuffed Peppers
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Margarine or butter
- Wash and cut tops off peppers, clean out seeds.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, rice, onion, 4 ounces of the tomato sauce
and a small amount of water to moisten. Fill peppers to the top.
- Put pat of butter or margarine in mixture in pepper.
- Mix remaining tomato sauce with an equal amount of water.
- Lay peppers on their sides in roasting pan.
- Pour tomato mixture over peppers. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover, turn peppers, and cook for another 1/2 hour or until peppers are soft
and browned. When you uncover peppers, drain juice into saucepan.
- Serve hot with peppers.
Rusty's Note: The sauce is even better if you add 4 tablespoons of Worcestershire
Sauce to the tomato sauce. Add before you pour the tomato sauce over your peppers.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 12/19/2001 11:31 am.
From: Stelio's Family Restaurant, Wilmington - dining-out.com