Stetson Steakhouse Green Beans
A delicious recipe for green beans from the Stetson Steakhouse in Pendleton, Oregon.
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (1.1-ounce) envelope au jus mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch white pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans whole green beans, drained, or 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper
towel to drain, reserving drippings.
- When the bacon is cool, crumble and set aside.
- In a large saucepan add au jus mix, water, garlic powder and peppers and
the bacon drippings. Stir well and bring to a boil. Add green beans and heat
for 3 or 4 minutes if using canned green beans. If using fresh green beans,
bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Served topped with bacon.
Makes 4-6 servings