Stokes Adobe Green Tomato Jam
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 pod star anise
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 whole clove
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander
- 1 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 20 large or 30 medium green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In heavy pot, combine sugar, both vinegars and seasonings. Heat to boil.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 1 hour, until thick.
- Pass mixture through food mill; pack and seal in jelly jars.
Yield: 1 gallon
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 29, 2001.
Source: Executive Chef Brandon Miller, Stokes Adobe, Monterey, California