Sultan's Kitchen Spicy Char-Grilled
Kofta Shish Kebab
- 4 dry old bread slices, crusts removed
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1/2 small Spanish onion, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon Turkish red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sumac, ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To make kofta, soak bread in cold water briefly, squeeze excess water and add
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide meat into 4 portions and form into sausage shape on flat metal skewers.
- Grill for 5 to 8 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove skewers, slice and serve with pilaf or couscous.
Yield: 4 portions
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 29, 2001.
Source: Chef Ozcan Ozan, Sultan's Kitchen, Boston, Massachusetts
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.