Sunset Grill Idaho Pesto Potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh stemmed spinach
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 large (10 ounce) Idaho potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Bring 6 quarts cold water to a boil. Add peeled potatoes and cook until completely
softened (35-40 minutes).
- While potatoes are cooking, combine all pesto ingredients in a food processor.
Process until smooth, but do not liquefy.
- Drain cooked potatoes and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, milk, salt, pepper and 1/2 pesto mixture. Blend with heavy wire whip.
Adjust with more milk or pesto to reach desired taste and texture.
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe courtesy of the Sunset Grill Restaurant, Nashville, Tennessee.
Recipe and photo credit: Idaho Potato Commission