Swede Hollow Cafe Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pureed cooked pumpkin or squash
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- To prepare oven, cookie sheets: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- To make cookies: In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed
until smooth and creamy. Add egg. Beat until blended. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add
flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
- To bake cookies: Spoon heaping teaspoons of dough onto cookie sheets.
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time, for 11 to 13 minutes, or until brown. (These cookies are
cake-like and require a little longer baking time than most cookies.)
- Repeat with remaining dough. Immediately transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
- To make frosting: Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 30 to 40 seconds, or until melted. Stir in brown sugar and salt. Microwave on
HIGH for 1 to 1 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to mixing bowl. Beat in milk on medium-low speed until blended.
- Continue beating and slowly add enough powdered sugar to make a smooth and creamy frosting
that is the right consistency for spreading.
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Source: Swede Hollow Cafe, St. Paul, Minnesota
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.