Sweet Auburn Bread Company
Sweet Potato Cheesecake
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 loaf pound cake (about 20 thin slices)
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Boil the sweet potato until tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cool, peel, mash, and set aside. (Should yield about 1 cup).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 (9-inch) pie plates with thin slices of pound
cake. Firmly press into bottom of pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar. Mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each.
- Pour in cream. Mix well.
- Add mashed sweet potato. Mix well.
- Stir in lemon extract, vanilla extract and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Pour into lined pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until center is almost set.
- Remove from the oven and cool at least 1 hour.
- Remove from pan, if desired, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish as desired.
Yield: 16 servings
Source: Sweet Auburn Bread Co., Atlanta, Georgia