Swiss Chalet Chicken Sauce
This is a famous chicken chain up in Canada.
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In sauce pan add everything up to and including Tabasco sauce. Bring to boil,
reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and add lemon juice.
- Mix cornstarch and water. Add to mixture and cook, stirring constantly, about
2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Whisk in oil.
Posted by Kevin Taylor, the bbqguru, at recipegoldmine.com