Sylvia's Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or canned black-eyed peas
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- In a large bowl, combine the black-eyed peas, green pepper, celery, and both
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt, black pepper,
and hot sauce. Pour the dressing over the peas. Toss.
- Let stand refrigerated overnight for the flavors to blend.
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine June 1, 2001.
Source: Recipe courtesy B. Smith