Sylvia's World Famous Talked About Spareribs
- 2 slabs pork spareribs (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 to 3 cups white wine vinegar
- Sylvia's Original Sauce
- Rub salt, black pepper, and red pepper into ribs. Place in deep baking dish,
cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour vinegar over the ribs and bake 1 1/2 hours.
Rotate ribs 2 or 3 times during cooking.
- Remove ribs from baking dish and place in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake
at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Cut slabs between bones into individual ribs and place in a baking dish. Spoon
sauce over them to coat lightly. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake until heated
through - about 20 minutes.
- Serve with original sauce on the side.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Recipe used with permission from Sylvia's Restaurant, New York