Symposium Mediterranean Restaurant Portabella Soup
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 medium Spanish onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart heavy cream*
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a 3-quart pan, and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add portabellas and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add tarragon and vermouth and boil for 2 minutes.
- Lower heat and stir in flour until smooth.
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. (Do not boil, or cream will overflow.)
Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until soup begins to thicken, stirring every few minutes
to prevent burning.
- Add Gorgonzola and stir until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
* For a low-fat version, substitute half-and-half or milk for heavy cream, but
increase amount of flour.
Source: Symposium Mediterranean Restaurant, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.