12th Street Cantina Chipotle Maple Barbecue Sauce
Use as a dip or salsa or as a marinade or basting sauce for chicken or pork.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 cup ancho chili puree
- 1 cup New Mexican chili puree
- 5 cups tomato puree
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chili puree
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- In skillet, heat oil; sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add ancho and New Mexican chile purees; cook 5 minutes more.
- Add tomato puree, maple syrup and chipotle puree; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cilantro, oregano and salt to taste.
Yield: about 1 quart
Nutritional data per 1/4-cup serving: Calories, 68; protein, 2 grams; carbohydrates,
12 grams; fat, 2 grams; cholesterol, none; sodium, 168 milligrams
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.