T. Cook's Barlotti Soup
- 1 cup Barlotti beans (white beans) soaked, or use 1 cup canned white beans
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 pints chicken stock
- 1/2 ounce chopped thyme
- 1/2 ounce chopped oregano
- 1/4 pound tubettini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- If using soaked beans, put in pot and cover with water to about 1 inch above
the beans. Boil gently with the lid tilted until tender, about 1 hour. If using
canned beans, drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté the pancetta on medium high. Allow it to release
some oil, then add vegetables and garlic to the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes,
or until vegetables begin to soften.
- In a large stockpot, combine pancetta, vegetables,
beans, tomato juice and chicken stock. Simmer for 1 hour, adding herbs and cooked
pasta for the last 10 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
Approximate values per serving: 159 calories, 1 g fat, 5 mg cholesterol,
10 g protein, 27 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 1,434 mg sodium, 57 percent calories
Source: T. Cook's, Phoenix, Arizona
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.