Table of Contents Grilled Vegetable
Gazpacho with Avocado Puree
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 2 limes
- 1 fresh chile (jalapeno or serrano), chopped
- 1 to 2 cups unsalted tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the zucchini, squash, and onion into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Coat the vegetable
pieces lightly with oil and grill until charred.
- Core and cut tomatoes in half (gently
squeeze out seeds and juice, then strain seeds and reserve juice), oil lightly,
and grill until charred. Set charred vegetables aside to cool.
- Peel and dice the
cucumber, and add it to the cooled vegetables.
- Add reserved tomato juice, chopped
chile, juice from one lime, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Let the mixture chill in a refrigerator for one to two hours.
- Place the avocado in a blender with the juice of one lime, olive oil, salt, and
pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Place chilled vegetables into bowls and top with
a dollop of avocado puree.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Serves 4 to 6.
Source: Table of Contents, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Chef Philip Dorwart