Taboon Restaurant Unpeeled Shrimp
in Vermouth and Garlic Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound, 6 ounces jumbo shrimp
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-dry vermouth
- 2 ounces cold butter, cut into small cubes
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Juices from 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Devein and clean shrimp.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Put olive oil in pan. Arrange shrimp in pan. Season the shrimp with salt
- Sauté shrimp until done - avoid over-cooking. Turn shrimp to opposite
sides and squeeze the head against the pan to disperse its juices.
- Deglaze with
vermouth, flambé and add butter, cilantro, lemon juice and garlic, whisking constantly
until all butter dissolves.
- Serve on preheated plates.
Yield: 2 servings
Source: Taboon Restaurant, Jaffa, Israel
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes