Taco Bell Chalupa Shells
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 cup milk
- Oil for deep fat frying
- To make the chalupa shell, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening and add milk. Shape dough into a long cylinder and divide equally
into 6 balls. Pat each ball out into a circle 5-inches in diameter (make the circles
thinner in the middle so there will be a depression to hold the toppings).
- Fry each disc in hot oil until puffed and golden on both sides (turn once). Drain
on absorbent paper towels.
- Pile your choice of ground beef, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, peppers, and cheese.
- Accompany, if desired, with salsa, sliced black olives, sour cream, or guacamole.
Yield: 6 very large tacos
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes