Taco Bell Cinnamon Twists (Angel Wings)
- 5 large eggs yolks, well beaten
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine all, adding each ingredient as listed, and enough flour so that the dough
is no longer sticky, but still very soft. Using a floured working surface, roll
small portions of dough at a time to paper-thin. Cut into 2 x 5-inch strips, and
arrange in single layer on oiled cookie sheets.
- In a deep, heavy saucepan, bring oil (at least 3 inches deep) to 400 degrees
- Before dropping dough into oil, make a 1-inch slit down center of each and draw
the opposite ends of the strip through the slit. They'll fall to the bottom
but will surface as they brown (about 2 minutes).
- Lift out with tongs and drop into
large grocery bag containing about 16 ounces of confectioners' sugar.
A former employee of Taco Bell tells me that they simply deep fried spiral
noodles, then shook them in a cinnamon sugar mixture. They puff up while they're
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes