Taco Bell Cinnamon Twists (Angel Wings)
- 5 large eggs yolks, well beaten
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine all, adding each ingredient as listed, and enough flour so that the dough
is no longer sticky, but still very soft. Using a floured working surface, roll
small portions of dough at a time to paper-thin. Cut into 2 x 5-inch strips, and
arrange in single layer on oiled cookie sheets.
- In a deep, heavy saucepan, bring oil (at least 3 inches deep) to 400 degrees
- Before dropping dough into oil, make a 1-inch slit down center of each and draw
the opposite ends of the strip through the slit. They'll fall to the bottom
but will surface as they brown (about 2 minutes).
- Lift out with tongs and drop into
large grocery bag containing about 16 ounces of confectioners' sugar.
A former employee of Taco Bell tells me that they simply deep fried spiral
noodles, then shook them in a cinnamon sugar mixture. They puff up while they're
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.