Taco Bell Green Sauce
- 1 pound fresh tomatillos
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs cilantro, stems removed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Husk tomatillos and cut in half. Stem and half peppers. Boil tomatillos and peppers
in chicken broth for 10 minutes. Strain, reserving broth.
- Combine tomatillos, peppers and remaining ingredients, except for the oil, in
a blender and mix until almost smooth.
- Heat oil in frying pan until very hot. Add
the tomatillo mixture and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly until dark
- Add reserved broth to mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook
until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.