Taco Bell Green Sauce
- 1 pound fresh tomatillos
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs cilantro, stems removed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Husk tomatillos and cut in half. Stem and half peppers. Boil tomatillos and peppers
in chicken broth for 10 minutes. Strain, reserving broth.
- Combine tomatillos, peppers and remaining ingredients, except for the oil, in
a blender and mix until almost smooth.
- Heat oil in frying pan until very hot. Add
the tomatillo mixture and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly until dark
- Add reserved broth to mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook
until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.