Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (Spanish blend is best)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 small (6-inch diameter) flour tortillas
- 1 cup Crisco shortening or cooking oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 2/3 cup mild picante salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Cook the ground beef over medium heat until brown, then drain off the excess
fat from the pan.
- Add salt, onions, paprika, chili powder and water, then let mixture simmer over
medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Heat oil or Crisco shortening in a frying pan over medium-high heat. If oil begins
to smoke, it is too hot. When oil is hot, fry each tortilla for about 30-45 seconds
per side and set aside on paper towels. When frying each tortilla, be sure to pop
any bubbles that form so that tortilla lays flat in oil. Tortillas should become
- Heat up refried beans in a small pan over the stove or in the microwave. Heat
oven to 400 degrees F.
- When meat and tortillas are done, stack each pizza by first spreading about 1/3
cup refried beans on the face of one tortilla. Next spread 1/4 to 1/3 cup of meat,
then another tortilla. Coat your pizzas with two tablespoons of salsa on each, then
split up the tomatoes and stack them on top. Next divide up the cheese, onions and
olives, stacking in that order.
- Place pizzas in hot oven for 8-12 minutes or until cheese on top is melted.
Hope you're hungry, 'cause this recipe makes four of
the Mexican Pizzas like those served at the Taco Bell chain.
This recipe is also
handy if you want to know how to make a spiced ground beef just like the stuff Taco
Bell uses in its tacos and other items.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.