Talking Drum Chicken Soup
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) hen
- 2 red sweet bell peppers
- 2 green sweet bell peppers
- 1 Vandalia sweet onion
- 4 ounces diced fresh garlic
- 8 ounces peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 ounce fresh oregano
- 1/2 ounce fresh basil
- 5 stalks celery, diced or bias cut
- 2 gallons water
- 1 tablespoon sun dried pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 whole carrots, bias cut
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- Fill pot with 2 gallons of water. Rub hen with paprika and salt, then put hen
in water. Add sliced or diced onions and carrots. Cook over medium heat until hen
starts to fall off bones; remove hen from pot. Add all other spices EXCEPT cilantro
and sweet peppers.
- Shred chicken and return to broth. Turn off heat; add chopped cilantro and sweet
peppers. Cover pot and allow steam to cook cilantro.
- Season to taste.
Source: Chef Monday Thomas, Talking Drum Restaurant, Tulsa, Oklahoma
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.