Tango's Santa Fe Lasagna
- 2 pounds peeled tomatillos (can use canned)
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoons chopped garlic
- Juice of 2 limes, or to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 12 slices pepper jack cheese or 1 pound shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 pound shredded Chihuahua cheese (similar to Muenster)
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mesquite seasoning
- Vegetable oil
- Sliced red pepper or roasted red pepper for garnish
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Prepare tomatillo sauce. Cook tomatillos in pot of boiling water for 10 minutes.
Drain off water.
- Puree tomatillos and add remaining ingredients.
- Cut chicken into strips and season with mesquite seasoning. Sauté in oil until
tender. Let cool slightly.
- To assemble: Use individual plates that are heat resistant. Put 1 corn tortilla
on each plate and lay two slices of pepper jack cheese on each tortilla. Add chicken
on top and then shredded Chihuahua cheese. Then add a ladle or 3 ounces of tomatillo
sauce on top. Put second corn tortilla on top.
- Add 1 slice of pepper jack on that and finish with Monterey jack cheese. Top
off with generous amount of tomatillo sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread and garnish with slice of red pepper or roasted red pepper
and some cilantro sprigs.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.