Taps Fish House & Brewery Louisiana BBQ Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp (16/20 size)
- 2 cups Cajun BBQ sauce (see recipe below)
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 ounces oil, vegetable or your favorite
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 loaf French bread
Cajun BBQ Sauce
- 8 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped rosemary
- 1 cup TAPS seasoning or Paul Prudhomme's blackened Cajun-style seasoning
- 1 cup cracked black pepper
- Cajun BBQ Sauce: Add Worcestershire and hot sauce to a heavy bottom pot and simmer
until reduced by half. Mix cornstarch and water together, and add to boiling sauce.
Whisk while sauce thickens and cook on low heat for one minute. Add remaining ingredients,
cool, and store.
- Shrimp: Heat clarified butter in hot sauté pan and add garlic and shrimp.
Sauté until garlic is toasted.
- Add the Cajun BBQ sauce and lemon juice, sauté until shrimp are cooked through,
about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in whole butter, piece by piece, to
avoid breaking sauce.
- Divide evenly among four people as an appetizer. Present with one whole green
onion laid across, and a hunk of French bread on the side.
Source: Chef Craig Rouse, TAPS Fish House & Brewery, Brea, California
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes