Tarbell's Campfire Tacos with
Cilantro and Toasted Cumin
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 Serrano chiles, minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 bunch cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 pound jack cheese, grated (optional)
- Pour olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion; stir and cook until
- Add chili powder, salt and meat; stir until meat has cooked through,
about 20 minutes.
- Add black pepper and Serrano chilies; adjust seasonings as needed.
- Add cilantro; stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas.
- Garnish with tomato and cheese.
Chef: Mark Tarbell, Tarbell's
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes