Tarbell's Southwestern Coleslaw
- 1 1/2 cups green cabbage, thinly shaved
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, thinly shaved
- 3/4 cup jicama, shaved
- 1 red pepper, cut in thin julienne
- 1 yellow pepper,
cut in thin julienne
- 1/2 red onion, thinly shaved
- 3 tablespoons picked cilantro
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon
minced fresh garlic
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon mesquite
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- Kosher salt
and white pepper to taste
- Toss cabbage, jicama, pepper, onion and cilantro leaves in a large bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and toss into the slaw to taste.
Makes 6 servings.
Source: Chef Mark Tarbell - Tarbell's, Phoenix, Arizona