Tarbell's War-Torn Ravioli
- 24 store-bought Ricotta cheese ravioli, at room temperature
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoons chile flakes
- 1 cup red wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Romano cheese, grated
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add red wine, tomatoes, chiles
and basil. Simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat ravioli in warm water or microwave, arrange on plates, pour sauce over and
sprinkle with cheese.
Source: Chef Mark Tarbell, Tarbell's
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.