Thai Kitchen Sesame Chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Yellow food coloring, as desired
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced chicken
- Oil, for deep frying
- Sesame Sauce: Combine water, vinegar, salt, sugar, soy sauce and yellow food
coloring in a large pot. Cook over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, until
sugar has caramelized. Watch carefully to prevent mixture from boiling over. Set
- Sesame Seeds: Brown sesame seeds in skillet over medium heat until lightly browned
and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Chicken: Mix flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a bowl. Coat chicken with
flour mixture and shake off excess. Pour oil into a large pot to a depth of 3 inches.
Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Deep fry chicken until crisp and brown, about 5 minutes.
Be sure chicken is submerged in oil.
- Remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towels. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour sesame sauce over chicken and mix well. Add sesame seeds, combine well.
- Transfer to serving platter.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Thai Kitchen, San Antonio, Texas
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.