The Arizona Kitchen Shrimp and Tomato Quesadillas
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 (9- to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese with jalapenos, packed
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, packed, grated
- 6 medium tomatillos, husked, thinly sliced
- Char bell peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
Remove from heat.
- Enclose peppers in paper bag. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and seed peppers. Cut
into 1/4-inch-thick strips. Set aside.
- Heat broiler. Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil. Place on baking sheet. Broil
shrimp until just opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Cut shrimp lengthwise in half.
Transfer to bowl.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush 2 baking sheets with oil.
- Place 2 tortillas on 1 prepared baking sheet. Place 1 tortilla on second prepared
baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/4 cup chopped cilantro over each tortilla, then 1/3 cup
Monterey Jack cheese and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese. Arrange 8 tomatillo slices atop
cheese on each tortilla, then bell pepper strips and shrimp, dividing equally. Sprinkle
remaining 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese over shrimp on each tortilla, dividing equally.
Top with remaining 3 tortillas, pressing lightly to adhere. Brush tops of tortillas
with oil. Bake quesadillas until cheese melts and tortillas are crisp, about 10
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges and serve.
Source: Bon Appetit November 1997 - R.S.V.P. - The Arizona Kitchen,
Litchfield Park, Arizona
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.