The Ashantii Room
Chocolate Cherry Cordial Bread Pudding
- 10 ounces white bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces granulated sugar
- Dash of salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries
- 4 ounces chopped chocolate
- 1/4 ounce vanilla extract
- 6 ounces powdered sugar
- Water - as needed
- 2 ounces cold milk
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- Combine the eggs and milk, and whip until blended thoroughly. Pour the egg mixture
over the bread. Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, cherries and chocolate, and mix. Pour
into a buttered dish, and bake at 320 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Combine the powdered sugar with enough water to make a thick icing, and pour
over the baked pudding.
- To serve, put 2 drops of vanilla extract in a glass and top with 2 ounces of
milk. Pour over a warm portion of the bread pudding.
Source: Chef Mike Atherton - The Ashantii Room
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.