The Back Roads Coffee House Mookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Mix butter and brown sugar until thoroughly blended. Add eggs and vanilla extract;
- In another bowl, combine oats, flour, salt and baking powder. Blend oat mixture
with butter mixture. Stir in walnuts, coconut and raisins. Pack cookie dough into
an ice cream scoop (4 ounce size) or 1/2 cup measuring cup. Scrape dough level with
rim and empty onto lightly oiled baking sheets, spacing dough about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until cookie edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
If using one oven, switch pans halfway through baking. Cool cookies on a rack.
- Serve or store airtight up to 2 days.
Source: The Back Roads Coffee House, Sutter Creek - Shared by Pam Afpinall, original
owner - Sunset's 1997 Recipe Annual
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.