The Barn Door Vanilla Cheesecake
Plan to make the cake at least a day before serving; it needs time in the refrigerator
to chill and set.
- 3 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons clear vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
Sour Cream Topping
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons clear vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Crust: Mix Graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a mixing bowl;
pour into a 9-inch springform pan. (Line the pan with a circle of parchment paper
if desired.) With a spoon, pat mixture evenly on the bottom and up the sides of
- Filling: Add softened cream cheese to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat
on low speed, adding sugar gradually. Add vanilla extract, then add eggs, one at
a time, mixing thoroughly with each addition. Pour into crust. Bake in preheated
oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and set on a rack to cool.
- Sour Cream Topping: Mix sour cream, vanilla extract and sugar together until smooth.
Pour evenly onto cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. (Cheesecake will firm
up as it chills. Do not attempt to slice it until the following day.)
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Source: Steve Strauss, The Barn Door Restaurant, San Antonio, Texas
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.