The Border Grill Rose Petal Ice Cream
- Petals of 3 fragrant organic roses
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar, separated
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup rosewater (or to taste)
- A few drops red food color, optional
- Wash the rose petals in cold water and pat dry. In a heavy, nonreactive saucepan,
place petals of 2 roses, milk, cream, and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Place over medium
heat and heat to just under boiling. Let steep about a half hour to infuse.
- Combine the egg yolks and the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk
until thick and pale yellow.
- Bring the rose/cream mixture back to a near boil and
whisk 1/4 of the warm mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Then pour all of the
egg mixture into the rose milk and place over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly,
until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain into a bowl and chill on ice. Pour into the ice cream maker and freeze
according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer finished ice cream into
bowl and add the torn petals from the remaining rose. Fold into ice cream and pack
into freezing container.
Source: The Border Grill, Pasadena, CA - NBC-4
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.