The Boulders Deceivingly Decadent
Warm Chocolate Brownie Cake
- 3/4 cup pastry or cake flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8-inch square cake pan with cooking spray and dust lightly with flour.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine
the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg whites, egg, yogurt and vanilla extract. Gradually
beat in the flour mixture until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared
pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center
comes out clean. Let cool in the pan.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate in the milk in a microwave or over a saucepan
in barely simmering water. Let cool slightly. Invert the cake onto a platter and
spread with the melted chocolate.
Source: The Boulders, Carefree, Arizona
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.