The Chocolate Moose Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 large red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup white wine or non-bitter beer
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Soup: In large soup pot, sauté leeks, celery and carrots in olive oil
until leeks are tender. Add wild rice, ground pepper and chicken stock. Bring to
a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 40 minutes. Add chicken breasts, potatoes and white
wine or beer to chicken stock mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Roux: Melt butter in small saucepan. Gradually add flour, stirring
so it doesn't lump. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove from heat. Gradually pour in cream, stirring with wire whisk. Stir until
- To finish soup: Remove soup from heat. Add roux to soup pot, stirring vigorously.
Return soup to heat. Bring just to a boil, stirring often. Remove from heat. Stir
in minced red pepper and fresh parsley.
Makes 10 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.