The Cottage Café Bakery and Tea Room
Lobster and Avocado Rolls
Lightly toasted rolls brushed with garlic butter and filled with a tangy mixture
of avocado and lobster. Prepare as directed or create variations on this seafood
recipe featuring your favorite seafood or use toasted crostini for a tasty small
Recipe is designed for foodservice use and is not intended for consumer scaling
of less than 12 servings.
- Lobster Mixture
- Garlic Butter
- 3 ounces additional butter
- 12 each New England frank buns or hot dog buns
- 6 each ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, peeled, seeded and diced *
- 1 1/2 pounds lobster tail meat, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds lobster knuckle and claw meat, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 1 1/8 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced celery
- 3/4 cup parsley, fresh, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- Rolls: Brush the inside surfaces of the rolls with the Garlic Butter. Heat them
in an oven until warmed.
- Melt the additional butter in a sauce pan.
- Place the Lobster Mixture in the pan and heat through just until cooked, about
5 - 7 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, strain the lobster into the garlic butter buns.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the top or serve on the side.
- Top each bun with half of a Fresh Hass Avocado, diced.
- Lobster Mixture: Combine the lobster meat, lemon juice, mayonnaise, celery, parsley
and salt and pepper in a bowl. Refrigerate.
- Garlic Butter: Just before service, melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
Add the garlic. Set aside.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about
8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Rohland, The Cottage Café Bakery and Tea Room, Bluffton, South Carolina.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Hass Avocado Board.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.