The Cutting Horse Restaurant Walnut
Crusted Halibut with Honey Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup flour
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups clover honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) Alaskan halibut fillets
- 2 eggs lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir a pinch of salt and pepper into the flour and reserve in a shallow dish.
- Whisk together the honey and soy sauce and reserve in another dish.
- Dip the halibut fillets in the flour, coating thoroughly and shaking gently to
remove any excess. Next dip them in the beaten egg wash, draining off any excess;
then immediately roll them in the walnuts to coat. Reserve for 5 minutes to allow
the coating to set.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet large enough to hold the fillets,
and add the fish. Cook on one side until golden brown, flip carefully and put it
immediately into the oven for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Arrange on a plate
and drizzle with the reserved honey-soy sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Chef Joey Kistler of The Cutting Horse Restaurant, San Juan Bautista,
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.