The Farm of Beverly Hills Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 12 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan,
knocking out excess flour.
- Melt butter with chocolate in a large metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely
simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove bowl from pan and whisk in eggs,
1 at a time.
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder in a separate bowl and stir into batter
with sugar and salt. Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven until top is
firm and a tester inserted into center comes out with crumbs adhering, 40 to 45
minutes. Cool completely in pan on a rack, about 2 hours, before cutting into giant
- Brownies keep, layered between wax paper in an airtight container, for 5 days.
Source: The Farm of Beverly Hills - Beverly Hills, California
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.