The Fish House Flat-Roasted Chicken
with Prosciutto and Green Olives
This is a low-carb recipe.
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) whole chicken
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, in one piece, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups whole, unpitted green olives
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a sharp, heavy knife, split the chicken down the backbone and open it up.
Turn it breast side up and flatten with the palm of your hand. Cut a slit in the
skin at the bottom of the breast and slip the "ankles" of the chicken
through the slit. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken, breast side down, to a lightly oiled roasting pan. Bake
for 45 minutes. While the chicken is baking, prepare and combine the prosciutto,
shallots, garlic and olives.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and transfer to a plate. Remove any accumulated
fat from the roasting pan. Scatter the prosciutto mixture evenly in the roasting
pan and add white wine. Place the chicken skin side up in the pan. Bake for 45 minutes
longer. Remove the chicken. Either carve the chicken or cut it into serving pieces.
Pour the prosciutto mixture over the chicken and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition facts per serving: 523 calories, 31 g fat, 4 g effective carbohydrates,
1.2 g carbohydrates, 52 g protein, 1 g fiber
Source: Chef Karen Barnaby, The Fish House in Stanley Park, Vancouver
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.