The Inn of the Anasazi Garlic, White Cheddar
and Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
- 36 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups (packed) grated sharp white Cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss garlic with oil in baking pan. Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover;
bake until garlic is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cool; peel and chop.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain. Transfer potatoes to large bowl. Add garlic and remaining ingredients.
Using electric mixer, beat mixture until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
(Can be prepared 2 hours ahead.
- Cover; let stand at room temperature. Rewarm, stirring constantly, before serving.)
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Thirty-six garlic cloves may sound like a lot, but they're cooked
until mellow in flavor.
Source: The Inn of the Anasazi, Sante Fe, New Mexico
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.