The Knick Portobello Mushroom Spread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (about)
- 1 pound Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic (2 to 3 cloves)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in large sauté pan. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic and sauté until
all liquid is cooked out of mushrooms.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly, then puree in food processor until smooth.
Add to cream cheese and onion powder in medium-size bowl and mix with electric mixer
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: 8 appetizer servings
Mushroom mixture can also be roasted on a cookie sheet in a 425 degrees
F oven for 15 minutes. If roasting, eliminate oil.
Source: The Knick, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.