The Lady and Sons 7-Minute Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar or 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Place sugar, cream of tartar or corn syrup, salt, water and egg whites in the
top of a double boiler. Beat with a hand-held electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Place pan over boiling water, being sure that boiling water does not touch the
bottom of the top pan (if this happens, it could cause your frosting to become grainy).
Beat constantly on high speed with electric mixer for 7 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla extract, and frost top and sides of cake.
Source: msnbc.com - The Lady and Sons Just Desserts published by Simon
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.