The Lady and Sons Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Crisco shortening
- 3/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar together using a fork; cut in shortening
until it resembles cornmeal. Add cheese. Stir in buttermilk all at one time just
until blended. Do not over-stir.
- Drop by tablespoonsful (use an ice cream scoop
to give biscuits a nicer shape) onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter.
Yield: 8 large biscuits
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.